Sunday Night Lightning

.


Joan called. She felt it. But I didn't answer the phone.

And then Chris, left a heartfelt voicemail on a topic just the same. I didn't pick up, I just talked to him last week.

Lightning storm over the valley: magnetic pull into the future too fast. I'm not done with this one yet. Not gonna make it to bed tonight.

I called Jenn but she was screening, poured my heart out after the beep. Two new emails but I'm not checking. It's universal; Sunday night lightning.

All together, all alone, quaking at the prospect in our respective homes. If we don't close our eyes... if we don't get to sleep... we can skip work on Monday and start all over, on a empty page, make it right this time. Just one chance to break away and make it right.

Johnny Mack just texted, Anna rang and rang and rang...

So I'm ordering us that fucking pizza... take your caffeine pills and get the late movie going. All we have to do to change the future is to stay awake... stay awake...

That's not a yawn. That's just...

All we have to do is stay awake... stay awake...

Stay awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment