A Note Found On The Fridge...


Hey Steve,

How was your day? Good, I hope. I’m recording the Mets game so don’t tell me the score… I should be home around . Oh, by the way- did you drink my Dr. Pepper? It’s not a big deal if you did. I put a 16 oz. bottle in the fridge last night and now it’s gone. I could care less if you drank it… I just want to know because I got that bottle on sale and the sale ended Saturday. Plus Val is coming over tomorrow and she loves Dr. Pepper- even more than I do. Which is a whole lot. Not a big deal…

I know you would tell me if you drank it- and I would be so surprised if you drank it, because you told me that you didn’t like Dr. Pepper. Remember that time we were at Frank’s birthday party and everyone was drinking Coke and I was drinking a Dr. Pepper and you called me a zero and poured Coke over my head? I do. You said it was because I was drinking Dr. Pepper and you didn’t like Dr. Pepper. That’s why it would be so funny if you drank my Dr. Pepper from the fridge. Anyway…

It’s not really the money I care about… it was only $1.89. The only thing is Dr. Pepper was my Grandfather’s favorite drink before he passed away. One of my happiest childhood memories was visiting my grandfather on Saturdays. We would drink Dr. Pepper for hours and hours, and talk about Dr. Pepper while we were drinking it, and I know if he was alive today he would want me to find out what happened to the bottle of Dr. Pepper that I left in the fridge. If he were here he would probably ask you, “Did you drink it?” LOL… he was always funny that way…

So, did you drink it? Again, not a big deal… I just wonder, you know? I’m sure the Dr. Pepper was in the fridge last night- it was back behind the OJ- and now it’s gone. Again, it’s totally cool if you did drink the Dr. Pepper- what’s mine is yours, all the way… but I just need to know for sure or else I will call the super and maybe the police and report a break-in, because somebody definitely took the bottle from the fridge. So cool, just let me know if you swiped the Pepper. (When I say “swiped,” I don’t mean it in the accusatory sense, I mean it just as a wondering from a curious-friend… no sweat!)

Oh by the way, just to level the playing field, I want to let you know that I ate that piece of buffalo chicken that you brought back from the restaurant that night. It had been sitting in the fridge for a week, and it was starting to turn moldy, so I heated it for breakfast on Friday. Just in case you were wondering what happened to it… I wanted to come clean so you could feel free to let me know if you stole my Dr. Pepper. If you drank the whole thing I would expect to find the empty bottle in the garbage.

The thing is when I went through the garbage the empty bottle wasn’t there. Just to be sure I went down to the dumpster behind our building and searched through all four bins. There was an empty Dr. Pepper can in Mrs. Ferrullo’s trash, but no bottle. Maybe you took it to be recycled? It’s cool if you did- keep the nickel- but I just want to know. (Hope you enjoyed it if you did drink it…. Just kidding, lol…)

But wouldn’t it be funny if you did drink the Dr. Pepper? Especially because you said you didn’t like it? It doesn't make any sense!!! We could have a real laugh over that, I bet, if you do confess. (I don’t mean “confess” in a guilt or innocence way, I just mean it as a concerned citizen in the center of a fascinating mystery.)

Well, I better get going, Steve… I’m three hours late for work. Everything’s cool about the Dr. Pepper, don’t even worry about it… just let me know what happened. I would hate to involve the authorities if it wasn’t necessary. So just tell me! Okay, I’ll see you tonight. (Hopefully you’ll have a great story and a brand new bottle of Dr. Pepper… just kidding, lol… but think about it)

Talk to you soon… your roommate,
Mike

PS - I really really wanted that Dr. Pepper! It's all good...


No comments:

Post a Comment